As Life Rolls On

As a friend of mine always says, "We plan, God laughs." You never know what life will bring, but the ride can be a blast!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Ramblings and Tidbits

I'm going to take my cue from my son James and just ramble on about anything that comes to mind tonght.

What a week, you know what it's like, you're off for a week, and you have a months worth of work to catch up on.......all of the paving on the Deerfoot is driving me nuts, I can't wait until the speed limit goes back from 80km to 110km........weird weather today. 30 degrees Monday, 25 yesterday and only 12 today. Brrrrrr..........I'm glad I was at my office at the Children's Village today. It was quiet, no crises........back in Ontario, when a group of cows lie down, they say it's going to rain. That doesn't happen here, they're always standing.........Kevin & Wanda are back from their trip to Newfie. Sounds like they had a wonderful time. I have to give them a call.......Bruce has been sick since Monday. It's a cold that has settled in his head and chest. It's not like him to be sick so long.......I like watching the cloud formations here. They are huge, and at times it seems like you can reach up and touch them.......I have to call Liz over the next couple of days. I really miss her.......called James this morning. I really miss him........Bruce talked to Kevin today. He's been working the graveyard shift. I need to call Jenn too.........talked to Mom today. She and Dad are probably coming out for the month of November. Bruce & I will get to spend some quality time with them. I'm going to take another week off while they are here.......I think I'll save the rest of my holidays (about 3 days) and tack it onto Christmas. I actually have not had time off at Christmas in about 9 years. It will be nice.........next year I'll take a solid 2 weeks off at once. I haven't done that in along time........next year's major holiday will be wrapped around Jason & Alyson's wedding........the long weekend is coming up. I should be able to get some quality time on my research.......oh, did I forget to tell you Jason and Alyson are engaged (gotcha!). He called last night. He proposed Monday night......they are both at Nationals right now, which is where they met 3 years ago. He wanted to propose someplace significant for both of them......he shared with me when they were here that he was going to propose. If he has his way, they will be married very shortly after their graduations......they will need to sit down and look at everything however and talk things over with her parents. When we have details, we will let you know......yes we are good with this. Alyson is good for Jason. She keeps him grounded, yet lets him be who he is.

11 Comments:

  • At 5:08 AM, Blogger Jenn said…

    i'll take pictures of the ring and the new engaged couple! check out my blog in the coming days

     
  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger luna pie said…

    Wahooo! Congratulations!

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Wanda said…

    Congratulations to James and Allison! Great news!

    Sorry to hear that Bruce is sick, I know how feels, I started getting sick on the plane home on Saturday. It doesn't seem to be letting up!

    Talk to you soon

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    whoa! did i miss something here? who's going to fill jason in on the news?!?

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Evie said…

    Congrats to Jason and Alyson. That's a pretty important piece of news to tuck in the middle of random ramblings. Are you testing us to see who's actually reading your posts?

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger Wanda said…

    Sorry, see that how sick I am ... blame the SUDEFED...good for energy not for the brain... haha

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger Dave said…

    Congrats to the happy couple. If Jason is like the rest of the guys in the family, he is marrying up.

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Catharine said…

    Saw Jason and Alyson at the Saturday program. Beautiful ring...smiles all around...How exciting!

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger Barbara said…

    yes, they were both beaming when they came to the trailer this week to share the happy news. Can you believe that I forgot to check out the ring???? How rude of me! Congratulations to both.

     
  • At 6:00 PM, Blogger Stephen said…

    Congrats Jason and Allison! Got the news yesterday! Missed it when I read through Joanne's "Ramblings and Tidbits!"

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger PharmacyChick said…

    Congrats to Jason and Alyson!
    Another trip to Toronto!!! WOOOOWEEEE

     

Post a Comment

<< Home