As Life Rolls On

As a friend of mine always says, "We plan, God laughs." You never know what life will bring, but the ride can be a blast!

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Mornings........YUK!!!!!


I am NOT a morning person, never have been, never will be. I am quite irritable and cranky as a matter of fact if you come in and wake me up before I am ready to get up. When my kids were little, my 2 boys, then age 4 & 7, bought me a beautiful mug. It had a picture of a mother bear with 2 cubs. When I asked them why they had chosen that particular mug with that particular picture, James responded: "two things mom, one, you're over protective (I'll admit to that one), and the other, we know we don't talk to you until you've had a shower and a coffee." Pretty bad that they were able to pick that up at such a young age. 17 years later, I still have that mug and nothing has changed.

This morning was one of those mornings where I just didn't want to get up, but I had no choice, I had to go to work. So I very slowly dragged myself out of bed (7:15 AM, AHHHHH, way to early for my liking), had my shower, Bruce brought me coffee, and an hour later I was on my way. The whole time I was thinking "I HATE MORNINGS!" I was just glad I didn't have one of my 7:00 AM meetings (yes, I do have those every once in a while). By the time I arrived at work, I was awake and ready to go though. The good thing about a longer drive to work, it gives you a chance to be totally awake, and therefore not biting people's heads off 'cause you want to be back in bed.

I did get to thinking though that there are some rare occasions where I do enjoy getting up early. When we are at the cottage (North Bay area), I love getting up around 7:00 AM to sit on the porch, watch the sun come across the water and the loons and ducks glide across the usually smooth water. I find it very relaxing and spiritually renewing.

But, I am no longer in Ontario, and therefore not at the cottage..................so I'll say again............" MORNINGS................YUK!"

7 Comments:

  • At 9:19 PM, Blogger luna pie said…

    OOOOOooooooooh man, you and I are kindred spirits. I HATE getting out of bed! I am a pure monster for the first hour after I wake up, and then snap out of it -jst like that! Thank goodness for those commutes.
    Here's to afternoons!

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    morning are always better when you don't actually have to get up - that's when you don't want to sleep in because you'll miss your day.

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Wanda said…

    Well, dare we say that while she lived with us, we went to work before she got up....
    haha

    Just kidding, we didn't know she was in the house, half the time. I think we scared her or somethin' haha

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Evie said…

    You're pretty lucky to be dragging yourself out of bed at 7:15. I'm usually heading out the door about then.

    I'm not a morning person either, but I've always elected to work the earliest shift possible. That way, I can finish the work stuff earlier in the day and still get home to play at a decent time in the evening.

     
  • At 12:08 AM, Blogger Dave said…

    Since coming to DC I find myself naturally getting up in the mornings between 5 and 5:30 even if I do not need to be out the door by 7:15. If I am in bed past 7 I am starting to feel that I have slept in. If I am still sleeping at 8:00 I start to feel that I am wasting the day.

     
  • At 12:09 AM, Blogger Dave said…

    I should mention that Josh has to be out the door around 6:45 as high schools start at 7:00. Fortunately for Josh, we are on the last stop on the bus route and it only takes 3-5 minutes for the bus to get to school.

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Blogger Catharine said…

    I prefer mornings, myself! I often explain to people what it was like growing up in my family with so many people who can be quite different in the AM. When the alarm goes off I tend to sit up in bed and say "Good morning, world." Stephen, on the other hand, jumps out of bed and yells, "Good morning, world!" Joanne rolls over and gumpily says, "Go away world." (can you believe Stephen married someone just like this - his complete opposite...). Barbara jsy rolls over and quietly gets out of bed. Daivd - I can't remember... Please let us know.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home