As Life Rolls On

As a friend of mine always says, "We plan, God laughs." You never know what life will bring, but the ride can be a blast!

Thursday, August 17, 2006

ONE MORE DAY!!!!!!



This is what my day today.............no what my week this past week............no my month this past month has been at work. All my deadlines for our Board of Directors are toast, as there have been so many crises that I've had to tend to................so I haven't started any required reports, let alone address some of the other necessary paper work. Now, I am not stupid with stuff like this, I have asked that a request go through to get an extension of deadlines. I'm not about to spend 24 hrs a day working just so paper work can get done, AND as far as I'm concerned, crises with clients and staff MUST be prioritized. The only thing I do want to say about it all is VERY FUNNY GOD..............yes I know I can handle it, BUT.......enough's enough already!

There is a light at the end of the tunnel for me at the end of this week however...................I am taking a week's holidays 'cause my son Jason and his girlfriend Alyson are coming to visit.............YEAH! Now, I have made a promise to myself, and to Bruce and Jason and Alyson, my cell phone will be off and I will NOT go into my work email. I have told everyone at work that I will be totally unreachable and have ensured they know who to call for what type of crisis. So, 1 more day, that's it (well, not quite, I am going in for a PR thing on Sat, but I will take time at the other end), then it's Joanne time with her family. I CAN'T WAIT!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger Dave said…

    Fire fighting and the tyranny of the urgent zaps life. Enjoy your vacation.

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Evie said…

    Sounds like you need a vacation badly. Enjoy your time with your family. It probably couldn't come at a better time.

    Note to Bruce: if Joanne brings her cell phone with her, take a hint from the TV commercials and throw it in the lake!

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    hope you all have fun! jason may be freaked out by the clear eggs - it's all he eats

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger luna pie said…

    Have a fantastic time with your family! Reunions are always so sweet.

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now i know its a litle late for this but did you make it all week without checking your e-mail or turning on your phone, you promised us that, and it only lasted a day or two.

    Love you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home