As Life Rolls On

As a friend of mine always says, "We plan, God laughs." You never know what life will bring, but the ride can be a blast!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Givingthanks

I am taking my lead from Wanda, and have started to think about the things I am thankful for over the past year. So here we go:

  1. I have not contributed the the road kill count in Alberta this past year.
  2. There has been no initiation ceremony here in Alberta whereby I have had to eat prairie oysters or collect boar semen.
  3. Mom and Dad "did it" at least 5 times, giving me wonderful siblings.
  4. Furneice and Furnephew
  5. Real neices and real nephews
  6. Those friends who are newfs and have that wonderful, open and welcoming newf hospitality
  7. Those friends who are newfs, yet who don't like typical newfie food (I think I would have starved!)
  8. We had a fairly dry summer, meaning not much mud being tracked in the house (yes we are still living in a construction zone)
  9. 15 minute ER visits
  10. Flying monkies and multi coloured hairy balls (yes, I keep coming back to that)

In all seriousness, I am truly thankful for all the blessings God has given me. I have 3 children who are remarkable people and make me very proud. I have a husband who I know loves me and supports me unconditionally. I have parents who have always encouraged me, even during those times where I was rebellious and perhaps made poor decisions. I have an extended family of wonderful brothers, sisters, in-laws, many neices and nephews, and friends who although we do not "sit in each other's laps", we are always there for each other and provide love and support however we can. As my Dad says, God has given me "enough", and for that I am truly blessed and grateful.

8 Comments:

  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Evie said…

    Happy Thanksgiving! We won't get a full-fledged Thanksgiving this weekend, but at least it can be a warm-up act to get us in the mood for American Thanksgiving in a few weeks. Our branch of the family is blessed because we get to celebrate a Thanksgiving season rather than just a day.

     
  • At 6:28 AM, Blogger Daejeon James said…

    I'm thankful for mom and Dad...for supporting me in EVERYTHING I do, no matter how crazy it is.

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Barbara said…

    We are indeed truely blessed. Happy Thanksgiving.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am thankful for my in laws even though I was not mentioned in the blog

    Love you Kevin

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Joanne said…

    You were mentioned in the blog, I talk about in laws!

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Wanda said…

    And obviously, we are the NEWFS, I think the ones who didn't like typical Newfie food...well not when Joanne was around anyhow... hahahaha Just Kidding!

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger Dave said…

    Normally I take the day off....so that I can have two Thanksgiving a year.

    This year that was not possible as I was in Atlanta attending the Territorial Development Council which I serve as secretary and co-chair.

    A belated Thanksgiving.

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Catharine said…

    I am just thankful for everything, especially living in such as beautiful country that offers so much to us all...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home