As Life Rolls On

As a friend of mine always says, "We plan, God laughs." You never know what life will bring, but the ride can be a blast!

Monday, December 11, 2006

How Time Flies!

I spent today thinking alot about the past 28 years. Why you ask.............well our baby girl turns 28 today. It seems like yesterday. I woke up at 5:00 am on Dec 11, 1978 and told Bruce "I think I'm in labour" I said "I think" because I only had a bit of a back ache, but due to other "signs" I thought we should mosey on down to the hospital. We arrived just before 6:00 and within the hour, our beautiful, perfect little girl, Jennifer Joanne was born (ya, I know, I make some women sick).

I was fortunate that I grew up in a home where there was always babies around, so even though I was so young, I was very comfortable with being a mom. That being said, Jenn was an easy baby. The first night we were home from the hospital, she slept through the night. I finished nursing her just before midnight, and the next thing I knew it was 6:30 AM. I was petrified, I thought something was wrong. That was just the way she was. She liked her sleep at night (and still does).

From the time she was born, Jenn was bright, and always happy. She was creative and always found ways to entertain herself, her little brothers and her friends. I remember how she would line all her dolls and stuffed animals up on the stairs (and her little brothers when she could get them to sit still), then preach to them, only she would preach to them on how to take care of themselves (interesting that she became a nurse). In looking through some pictures of her today, I don't think a came across one where she wasn't smiling or laughing.

What I am amazed with is the wonderful, compassionate, self assured women Jenn has become. She is loved by anyone who comes in contact with her. She has an amazing sense of humour that can put anyone at ease. She gives of herself to family, friends, and her patients, over and over and over again. That all being said, she is no push over. She will stand her ground on issues that are of the utmost importance to her. Don't try to debate a point with her, 'cause you'll lose. When she has been hurt or needs to deal with a difficult situation, she will always take the high road and will hold her head high. As most of you know, she and Kevin will be adopting children. Although there was some tears in arriving at their decision, I am humbled by the way she (they) drew upon her faith, quickly accepted the situation and embraced the fact that God has a plan for them in this. A true sign of a very grounded woman, of whom I am very proud.

So Jenn, I wish you the most wonderful birthday. I truly am blessed to have you as my daughter and friend. I love you.















Beach Baby

















With Little Brothers 1985

















With now NOT so Little Brothers 2003



















Doing the PP Dance
















Father & Daughter














Jenn & Kevin















Jenn & I then (gotta love the hair!)













Jenn & I Now




7 Comments:

  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Jenn said…

    merci buckets - love ya too! thanks for posting the i have to pee photo...nice.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Evie said…

    Nice tribute. Jenn is a special lady. I'm privileged to be her aunt.

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Kevin said…

    Very nice mom actually brought a tear to my eye.. serious... Thanks for having jenn, I am one lucky guy to have such a beautiful wife and I thank you for that. I could not ask for better in laws

    Love you

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger Barbara said…

    Happy birthday Jenn. I see you continue to entertain those around you with your wonderful dancing skills. You will have to teach me that one.

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger luna pie said…

    Hey! Look who's back on the blogging scene!

    Great photos :)

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger Wanda said…

    Happy "Belated" Birthday Jennifer! I did remember it was your birthday!
    I hope you had a wonderful day!

     
  • At 11:40 PM, Blogger Catharine said…

    I know I am going to sound old, but I remember when Jennifer was born. She was sooo cute. Being the first grand child she was doted on.

    I'm not so sure about the always happy part, especially when she was woken up from her sleep. Sleep was so important to her and she was so grumpy that when she was visiting nana and papa I was often sent in to get her to dress her to go home. She would wake up and say, "I hate you Auntie Cathy!" Awww, now isn't she so cute and adorable - NOT!

    I have a book Jennifer wrote in grade one - Bells and things with Ls. Each page was a picture with an "L" in it - that's creative!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home