As Life Rolls On

As a friend of mine always says, "We plan, God laughs." You never know what life will bring, but the ride can be a blast!

Monday, June 30, 2008

James' Visit Part I

James was out for a visit a couple of weeks ago. He was here for father's day, which Bruce was really happy about. We had a great time while he was here. I took a couple of days off work........and I actually did no work! James & I went hiking in the mountains (over 10 km......I was one hurtin' momma after that..........but a good hurtin'), the three of us went to a Calgary Stampeders Game, we visited Stephen & Gail, took in a baseball game at the local ball field (single 'A'), and Bruce & James went to Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump (yes, there actually is a place with that name). Here's some pictures of our hike up through Johnstone Canyon:

James & I right before hitting the trail

One of the falls in Johnstone Canyon

Taking a break on the trail

James hanging over the falls just so he can get a picture of himself hanging over the top of a falls

My son the dare devil laying back over more falls

When we got to the top of the trail, we came to a valley where there was a river and a meadow. There was a rock island in the middle of the river that James was able to jump to where he built a rock sculpture


A series of small pools called the Ink Pots was in the valley. This is the edge of one of the inkpots

The pregnant tree

OK, so I got obsessed with playing with the colour stuff on my camera.........but I like the way this looks

This was cool.........multiple falls in one place..........and oh..........they were on the other side of the canyon so James could hang out over them

This ended up being my favorite picture of the whole day. My son completely relaxed and in his element

More pictures to come in a few days







8 Comments:

  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Evie said…

    Nice photos. Looks like it was a wonderful visit.

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    nice pics

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger Barbara said…

    I wanna go there!

     
  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Catharine said…

    Looks like a really cool place. Keep it in mind for my next visit!

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger Dave said…

    Sounds like a wonderful experience. Thanks for the pics.

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger Barbara said…

    next time I'm out there you gotta take me there. It looks beautiful!

    Glad James had a good visit.

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger Stephen said…

    Great pics! Wow!

     
  • At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is great info to know.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home