As Life Rolls On

As a friend of mine always says, "We plan, God laughs." You never know what life will bring, but the ride can be a blast!

Monday, December 17, 2007

I Didn't Kick the Bucket, I've Just Been Underground

Well, it's been a bit. I think this is the longest I've gone between posts. Life has been busy..........no it's been nuts..........but it's slowed down just a little so I thought I'd get caught up. So here's what's happenned the last couple of months:
  1. I've worked alot
  2. I've worked on my research when I've not worked alot
  3. I've had a change in position at work. I am now the ED for Housing & Homelessness. This has allowed me to really focus on moving the homeless programs The Salvation Army runs in Calgary and look at how to improve, expand and move forward. It has been a big challenge, as I have had to do the "dirty deed" with some staff and help other staff understand why and what our new direction is. As a result...............I've worked alot
  4. I transfered corps. I now attend a corps that is completely outside my comfort zone. It is a small town corps (church) in the little town just south of where I live, where the majority of congregants are senior citizens, and the pastors are as young as my children. But I had a real sense of this is where God wants me to be. Sure enough, you "wait on the Lord" and he shows you why. Captain Shannon shared with me that she and Captain Jeff have just been told they cannot have children of their own. When I shared what Jenn & Kevin have had to come to grips with, Shannon stated that she had prayed that God would send somepne who truly understood from that personal deep emotional place. It always amazes me that God knows what he's doing.
  5. I've worked alot
  6. Mom & Dad came for a visit in November. We went to Edmonton for a few days and hung out at the West Edmonton Mall. Now we can say.........."bin there, done that". We alos spent some time with Donna & Don Bladen, as they are now stationed at Edmonton Temple. Hard to believe that they were in my very first teen bible study class!
  7. I got all my Christmas shopping done early 'cause Mom & Dad were taking our gifts for our kids back to Ontario.
  8. I've worked alot
  9. Bruce & I have continued to prepare for Christmas. Bruce insisted the tree went up early. The house has been decorated for a few weeks now. It will be an interesting Christmas for us. All our kids have to work this year, so they'll be in Ontario while we are here. I'll be at the shelter on Christmas Day and we'll have our Christmas with Stephen and Gayle on the 26th. It will be bitter sweet.
  10. I went on a wirlwind trip of Portland Oregon. If you've never been there, it's worth checking out. It's a lovely city with a real charm and ambiance in it's downtown. I went with a delegation from Calgary to have a look at how the city has been dealing with the issue of homelessness. Very interesting. I have come back with alot of excellent information
  11. Bruce has been preparing to go home for a two week visit with the kids. He flies out on Jan 1 and will be ice fishing with the boys and spending time at Jenn & Kevin's. He flies back in the 13th.
  12. Oh Ya................did I mention I've worked alot?

5 Comments:

  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Evie said…

    Okay - I get that you've done some traveling, but sheesh! Don't you ever work?

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    sounds like you've been slacking off to me

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Catharine said…

    Never a dull moment. You need to come back to Toronto to slow down!

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Barbara said…

    well, I'm glad that you came above ground. Try and relax and enjoy Christmas. We will really miss you this year.

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger Dave said…

    you are alive....I'm glad you are in good health

     

Post a Comment

<< Home