As Life Rolls On

As a friend of mine always says, "We plan, God laughs." You never know what life will bring, but the ride can be a blast!

Sunday, June 03, 2007

May Reflections and Retrospect

I can't believe the month of May has come and gone. It flew by! It was a month of great happiness and exhilaration, yet also a month of sadness, and might I say some disappointment. There is much to reflect on..............to much to deal with in one blog alone. So, for the next several blogs, I will take the lead of my brother, and break it down into manageable chunks.

I will start with addressing the photo challenge for the month of May...........ya, ya..........I know I'm a little late, but give me a break, I've had a busy month! What follows are my favorite photos around the theme "Family" that I took over the month of May. There are several:

I love this one. James took time away from wedding photos to play by the river with his younger cousins

Jenn posted a picture showing you don't have to be family by DNA to be family. This is Liz, my dearest friend since we were 10 years old............that's almost 39 years (you do the math). Although I have wonderful sisters by birth who are wonderful friends, Liz is my sister by choice.

I call this one "All My Children". I am not only very blessed to have 3 amazing children that I raised, love dearly and am exteremely proud of, I am also blessed to have two wonderful, caring in law children whom I cherish and love as if they were my own.

Nathan can't get enough of his "big boy" cousins


"Like father, like son" Bruce & James walking through High Park together

6 Comments:

  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger Evie said…

    Nice family photos. I'm looking forward to reading more about the changes you've undergone in recent weeks.

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger Stephen said…

    Thanks for these amazing pics Joanne! I apprciate the way through blogging we can have access to photos that otherwise we would never see. Every person who has posted pics on the wedding have a different perspective.
    I didn't know Liz Kirby was at the wedding!!! I would have made a point of saying hi to her. She looks great!

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Jenn said…

    i love the pic of you and liz

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger Dave said…

    Thanks for the photos

     
  • At 8:28 AM, Blogger Barbara said…

    Family. That's what it's all about. Great pics.

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger Catharine said…

    Thanks for sharing. I could look at pictures all day, especially family pictures.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home