29 Years and Counting
But the whole anniversary thing got me thinking.................what has changed, and what hasn't changed in the last 29 years. Well, here's my list:
What hasn't changed?:
- Our priorites. From the day we were married, we determined that no, if's ands or buts, family was central to everything and our children would come first. Well, even though they are adults (the kids that is) that still remains true.
- Our tastes in music........classic rock all the way (mind you my tastes always have been and still are a little more diverse)
- Our food preferences.........we aren't very creative in that category.
- His ability to make me laugh. Completely out of the blue, some dry, off the wall comment will come out of Bruce that totally cracks me up.
- His ability to scare the *#@" out of me.........you know, the old jump out of a closet, or hide behind a corner trick.
- The fact that just looking at him can stir emotions that aren't there for others.
- Our love for getting away on a perfect vacation. So what is that perfect vacation........a rustic cottage on a beach in Northern Ontario where we can sit outside and watch the sunsets, ..........and go fishing of course.
What has changed?
- I bet some of you were surprise not to see "our love" under what hasn't change. Well, actually I think that has changed. Our love for each other has grown much deeper and is a much more mature love. There is not a "need" to speak it (although we do), we simply "know" and understand through the "little things", such as the fresh cup of coffee that is waiting for me every day when I climb out of the shower (except for when he's working, and on those days, I don't have a coffee, 'cause I'm too lazy to make it myself).
- My respect for him. When I look back at all the challenges Bruce has confronted, how he has stepped forward to be the "rock" for others when he could have simply thrown his hands in the air, I am in awe.
- Financial constraints. Although we are by no means "well off", we no longer wonder where our next mortgage payment will come from as we did when we first got married.
- Our sleep patterns.................he's no longer the night hawk, and I no longer sleep.
- Our waistlines......................'nuf said!
- Our hair colour.....................'nuf said! (mind you, we I do "cover" it well)
- He no longer waves the sheets when he farts under the covers..............now he only lets it get trapped between the sheets so that when you get up in the morning you wonder what that funky smell is! (Ah yes, the joys of a long, comfortable realtionship)
Here are some pics of our trip to Revelstoke: