As Life Rolls On

As a friend of mine always says, "We plan, God laughs." You never know what life will bring, but the ride can be a blast!

Monday, February 01, 2010

Gotta Catch Up With Cathy & Barb

OK, so I'm really behind on blogging. Simply put, my priorities have been diverted elsewhere of late. That being said, let's see how long it takes me to write this list and post it:

  1. How old will you be in 5 years? 56 years young (after all, age is only in your mind, right?)

  2. Who did you spend at least 2 hours with today? Bruce......my sanity at the end of very busy and at times stressful weeks.

  3. How tall are you? About 5' 31/2'. I think I've started to shrink a

  4. What do you look forward to most in the next 6 months? Openning up the trailer for the season

  5. What's the last movie you saw? Can't remember the last time I was in a theatre. The last DVD movie I watched though was Elizabeth

  6. Who was the last person you called? Jennifer.........our daily check in

  7. Who was the last person to call you? Work, what can I say, I'm always on call

  8. What was the last text message you received? From Jennifer telling me to call her on her cell

  9. Who was the last person to leave you a voicemail? That would be someone looking for a job (my work voicemail)

  10. Do you prefer to call or text? Call. I only text if absolutely necessary

  11. What where you doing at 12:00am last night? Reading a novel

  12. Are your parents married/separated/divorced? Married

  13. When is the last time you saw your mom? December 27. they left for Florida a couple of days after that

  14. What colour are your eyes? Green. I don't know why, but they used to freak some people out when I was a kid

  15. What time did you wake up today? 7:00 AM.......and very reluctantly I might add

  16. What are you wearing right now? PJ's (like to get them on early to be comfy)

  17. What is you favorite Christmas song? Might sound cliche, but I love Silent Night. It's OK when it is sung with an orchestra, band or some other musical accompaniamnet, but when it's sung accapella, with people holding candles in a dim or darkened romm, brings me to tears every time

  18. Where is your favorite place to be? At the trailer, with family around

  19. Where is your least favorite place to be? In a crowded room with people I don't really know

  20. Where would you go if you could go anywhere? Scotland, England and Belgium, to see the places my family originated from

  21. Where do you think you'll be in 10 years? Right where I am now.......so much work to do.......some many social justice issues to address.........

  22. Do you tan or burn? Definately tan. I tan so quickly that I've really started to monitor my time in the sun so that my skin doesn't start looking leathery

  23. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child? the closet monster, who would then drag me off to the arena (don't ask)

  24. What was the last thing that really made you laugh? The twins........running at me as I was lying on the floor, them saying "one, two, twee", then dive bombing on top of me

  25. How many TV's do you have in your house? 2 in the winter, 1 in the spring, summer & fall, when we take the extra one to the trailer

  26. How big is your bed? Queen

  27. Do you have a lap top or desk top? Both

  28. Do you sleep with or without your cloths? At home without, when I'm away from home, with

  29. What colour are your sheets? Blue

  30. How many pillows do you sleep with? One

  31. What is your favorite season? I love all seasons, but for different reasons. Now that we have the trailer though, I think I would have to say summer

  32. What do you like about fall? The colours, the smell of the leaves on the ground, the crisp air, a full week at the trailer when almost everyone else in the park is gone, campfires on a cool night, family time at Thanksgiving, the girls big week long scrapbooking trip, apples, pumpkins, fresh local produce, etc, etc, etc

  33. What do you like about winter? Fresh snow, a cold day with the sun shining, bundling up in cosy sweaters, Christmas with family, building snowmen, hot chocolate on a cold day, hibernating.

  34. What do you like about summer? Rolling in the grass, the sun, the lake, the beach, the trailer, campfires, bike riding, gardenning, the birds singing, the loons at the lake.......I could go on & on

  35. What do you like about spring? The buds on the trees, planting my gardens, the longer days, spending time outside, the smell after a spring rain

  36. How many provinces have you lived in? Two - Ontario & Alberta

  37. What cities/towns have you lived in? Brampton/Caledon, Calgary & Kingston

  38. Do you prefer shoes, socks or bare feet? Bare feet all the way, even in the winter

  39. Are you a social person? Although I appear comfortable and social, people may be surprised to know I am actually an introvert and relish my quiet and me time

  40. What was the last thing you ate? Swiss Chalet Chicken

  41. What is your favorite restaurant? The Keg

  42. What is you favorite ice craem? Heavenly Hash (mmmmmm, chocolate)

  43. What is your favorite dessert? Pumpkin Chiffon Pie with just a little bit of whip cream (lol)

  44. What's your favorite kind of soup? Clam Chowder

  45. What kind of jelly do you like on your peanut butter & jelly sandwhich? I don't like peanut butter & jelly

  46. Do you like chinese food? Yummy

  47. Do you like coffee? Anyone who knows me well knows that you don't talk to me in the morning until I've had one

  48. How many glasses of water do you drink on average in a day? Not enough

  49. What do you drink in the morning? Coffee

  50. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed? The right side, because Bruce likes the left

  51. Do you know how to plan poker? Not really. I just watch Bruce and the boys play

  52. Do you like to cuddle? I like to cuddle with the twins, and to get hugs, but other wise I'm not much of a cuddler

  53. Have you ever been to Australia? No, but there's a big conference coming up there next year that I'd like to attend if I can

  54. Do you have an addictive personality? Yes, I get hooked on things (like a certain kind of food), and in my wilder, younger days, could not leave any booze around without drinking it. I've learned how to deal with it

  55. Do you eat out or at home more often? At home

  56. Do you know anyone that has the same birthday as you? No, but does being born on D Day count?

  57. Do you want kids? I have 3, all grown now, 2 grand kids and 2 grand puppies too. I could handle more though

  58. Do you speak any other languages? Some french, however I am not that confident when I speak it

  59. Have you ever gotten stitches? On my face, under my left eye after I was thrown by a horse into a tree and my eye got caught on a branch as I was coming down (can you say ouch!)

  60. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance? Nope.

  61. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool? Ocean

  62. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seat? Window. I'm somewhat claustrophobic and being able to look out the window helps me feel less so (I know, sounds contradictory)

  63. Do you know how to drive stick? All my cars have always been stick. I prefer it

  64. What is your favorite thing to spend money on? Scrapbooking stuff

  65. Do you wear any jewellery 24/7? My wedding ring

  66. What is your favorite TV show? Law & Order and Greys Anatomy

  67. Can you roll your tongue? yes, I have that gift

  68. Who is the funniest person you know? My daughter Jennifer

  69. Do you sleep with stuffed animals? If you consider Bruce a stffed animal, then yes

  70. What is the main ring on your phone? The Entertainer

  71. Do you still have clothes from when you were little? Jennifer has a swaeter of mine from when I was 14

  72. What red object is closest to you right now? My family room chair

  73. Do you turn off the water when you brush your teeth? No

  74. Do you sleep with the closet doors open or closed? Definately closed (so the closet monster doesn't get me)

  75. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees? OUCH! NEITHER! I don't think I could choose as they are equally bad

  76. Do you flirt alot? I don't think I do, however I've had many people tell me that I do

  77. What do you dip a chicken nugget in? Either sweet & sour sauce or BBQ sauce

  78. What is your favorite food? Does chocolate count? Otherwise, shrimp, a good steak, and a very fresh salad

  79. Can you change the oil in a car? If I had to, but I don't have to so I don't

  80. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket? 3

  81. Have you ever run out of gas? Have run on fumes many times, but never had

  82. What is you usual bedtime? I'm not a good sleeper. I usually head off to bed between 1:00 - 3:00 am. Up at 7:00 am.

  83. What was the last book you read? "The Book of Negros" by Lawrence Hill. I'd highly recommend it.

  84. Do you read the newspaper? I check it a few times a week to see about things that might pertain to work

  85. Do you have any magazine prescriptions? No, but one of these days I'll get off my butt and get one for Canadian Scrapbooker

  86. Do you watch soap operas? I'm never home when they're on. When I was younger and when I was home during the day, I'd watch the Old and The Breastless sometimes

  87. Do you dance in the car? Sometimes, and believe you me, it's not pretty

  88. What radio station did you last listen to? CBC Radio 1

  89. Who is in the picture frame closest to you? Surprise, surprise, the twins

  90. What was the last note you scribbled on a piece of paper? The list of priority things To Do for work tomorrow

  91. What is your favorite candle scent? Apple Cranberry

  92. What is your favorite board game? Scrabble, because I beat Bruce at it most of the time we play

  93. When was the last time you attended church? The end of December.

  94. Who was your favorite teacher in high school? High school wasn't the greatest for me when it came to teachers. Frankly, there's no one that really stood out for me.

  95. What is the longest you ever camped out in a tent? 2 weeks........and that was almost 38 years ago

  96. Who was the last person to do something special for you? Bruce. He made cleaned the house on his own so that I could "veg" after a very looooooooong week

4 Comments:

  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Evie said…

    Hey! I thought there were 100 questions in this quiz? Where are the rest of your answers?

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Joanne said…

    I have no idea. I copied these from Cathy & Barb. When you look at Cathy's, she skips some #'s.

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger Evie said…

    That's right. Blame it on your sisters. :-)

    By the way, age is not only in one's mind. One chooses how to respond to aging, and, if one is fortunate in health, aging isn't necessarily negative, but it's a fact of life, nonetheless.

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Blogger Catharine said…

    Great list! I didn't realize I skipped questions. I copied them from Barbara!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home